Thursday, January 25, 2007

Global Weirding!

I felt so uncomfortable last night because the heat was unbearable.NEPA or PHCN didnt help issues.The generator had a deserved break due to the astronomically-increased fuel price.Worse still, the humidity was stiffling.So, i was lost as to what to do. And when i'm lost, that's when my mind visits Lalaaland. I started wondering while rolling on the floor(after having migrated to an area without a carpet) when all this will end.Somehow, (though i wasnt sure if i wasnt dreaming) i found myself wondering...What would happen if the Artic Ice Shelf get to melt and Europe becomes as hot as Damaturu and the desert starts encroaching on Port Harcourt and the whole of Victoria Island and Lekki is flooded perenially and there are Tsunami's off the coast of Bonny in Rivers State and... and i cant put on a shirt anymore...would it still be as as a result of global warming? So while checking my email today, i decided to do a little research and i found an interesting name for it in "Double Tongued Dictionary".I think it fits perfectly but it scares the hell out of me! They called it Global Weirding.


global weirding n. An increase in severe or unusual environmental activity often attributed to global warming. Related: ecotistical, sheerblading.

Perfect, isnt it?

1 comment:

Azuka said...

That's a very interesting term, if I may say so.