Thursday, November 16, 2006

Heart o' Africa

The Vanguard Newspapers and Rhythm 93.7 Fm announced the results of their nationwide popularity poll today.A shortlist of six out of ten candidates from the previous polls, it was done primaryly to guage the pulse of the nation as regards who is gonna the most votes come Election day..I tell you, i was a bit suprised by the results.Who would have expected Mr Dictionary (sorry, sir) Pastor Chris Okotie to come first,followed by Mr Demolition (Nasir El Rufai), then Governors Orji Uzor Kalu, Sam Egwu, Peter Odili and Donald Duke. I was pleased that at least none of them was a retired military officer.We need a breather from the era of Jackboots and kai for Life's Sake.Not that these ones are perfect, but at least.....We can expect a new approach to curing this heart of arrhythmia before it goes down to stroke.All forbid !, as my little cousin would say.

Hint Of the Day

My guy dey there among the shortlisted, i think he's correct enough.Now dont you go asking me who he is!
My Quote of The Day

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

2 comments:

Anthony Arojojoye said...

We all know that it's Donald.
And did you think they were using it to assess any jackshit? I thought they said each text costs N50, and I assume you know how many texts came in.....

Endi said...

Oh! If u already know its Donald without my saying explicitly he is, then he must be ur man too. And how many text came in...that would be interesting info.